Wednesday, December 29, 2010

[android-developers] Denisity dependent resource resolution bug?

I have an integer resource defined. Placed the default value into
values/integers.xml and an MDPI override in values-mdpi/integers.xml

On my HDPI device, the resource that's picked comes from the MDPI
folder and not the default folder. I consider this a bug. I can see
it being correct for drawables, as you would want to scale from the
closest match, but for anything else, I believe this should absolutely
not be the case.

PS: I tried to test what would happen on an LDPI screen, but I am no
longer able to start a QVGA emulator session. The emulator, running
either 2.2 and 2.3 just hangs after the text "A N D R O I D" boot
screen.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment