Tuesday, December 28, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Noob: Help in setting up Eclipse

I'd say your main problem is that you assume you can write in C:
\Program Files. You can't (in Vista and later), unless you run as an
administrator.

You could run a command shell as administrator, and do it from there,
but I'd suggest you not do that. I'd suggest you put the SDK somewhere
else -- like in a directory with no spaces in the name, like C:\Android
\SDK. Also, I'd do the same with Eclipse. This will help you avoid
various bugs in various scripts.

You may also need to refer to this issue, if you find you have further
problems.
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4410

Then -- I'd check the SDK version into your revision control system,
so you can later rebuild your application in the same environment.

On Dec 24, 5:26 am, Seeker <theking.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am an absolute noob. I am trying to setup the android sdk on my
> eclipse. These are the steps which i took and the errors i got-
>
> 1. I downloaded SDK 2.3 and installed it. When i tried running the SDK
> Manager.exe file, the window opens for a bit and closes. I was told
> that it'd download files. But nothing happened. I turned off my
> antivirus and tried the same, but it didn't work.
>
> 2. I downloaded the Android plugin for Eclipse and tried installing
> components using the SDK manager console in Eclipse. But i got the
> following error on the console.
>
> Downloading Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 1
> Installing Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 1
> Unzip failed: C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\temp
> \PlatformToolPackage.new01\AdbWinUsbApi.dll (Access is denied)
> Downloading SDK Platform Android 2.1, API 7, revision 2
> Installing SDK Platform Android 2.1, API 7, revision 2
> Unzip failed: c (Access is denied)
>
> I have no clue what to do and have been  racking my head for the past
> three days. Please help me fix this !  Thanks in advance!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment